Beef Torpedo Subs
Sandwiches / Subs / Beef
Our Grilled Beef Torpedoes are stuffed with cheese, layered with sauce and served on a toasted roll. Sick of the same ol’ burgers? Then you have to check this out before you fire up your grill next time.
- Fresh Bread Rolls
- Fresh Ground Beef ( 80 /20 Fat ratio , 90/10 is too lean )
- SPG Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- 4 Green bell peppers
- 2 Onions
- Sushi rolling mat, or use a place mat that can be rolled as you see in the video.
- Aluminum foil
- Take a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil and wrap your rolling mat.
- Place a handful of SPG seasoned beef onto the foil at the end closet to you and spread out to an even thickness and about 4- inches wide, don’t go too thick.
- Spread a layer of the Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce and lay the mozzarella cheese strip across and roll forward as you see in the video, pressing as you got to form the sausage
- Once rolled, press close the ends.
- Cook over direct heat and roll frequently to sear the outside all around first
- Once the cheese begins to ooze out the ends they are done.
- Serve hot on a fresh bread roll with the fried onions and green bell peppers.